1) Can Aid Work? Nicholas Kristof reviews some important development books that touch on this issue. The Globalisation Institute chips in with its view on the new agenda for aid effectiveness. Owen Barder gives his input. Also, an old but good article of his on what sort of conditions there should be on aid. Lastly, the BBC News view here.
3) Check out the film Black Gold – about the 80 billion dollar global coffee industry and how coffee farmers get an unfair price.
Politics & Economics:
5) Why the laws of economics don’t work well with oil.
6) The New Yorker on what neuroeconomics tells us about money and the brain. More on neuroeconomics here, here and here.
8) Ethan Zuckerman shares how one can blog anonymously.
10) How to sell sympathy.