1) William Easterly debates the British Secretary of State for International Development Hilary Benn on the effectiveness of foreign aid.
2) Jeffrey Sachs argues that the Scandinavian social welfare states with high taxes and strong social safety nets trump the English-style market economics. Stationary Bandit isn’t so sure. Tyler Cowen of Marginal Revolution comments here.
4) A good and simple overview of the Climate Change by The Economist. The Scientific American Magazine’s September 2006 issue is dedicated to alternative technology. Its introductory article can be viewed online.
Politics & Economics:
5) Very interesting article on conversations between Left and Right.
7) How Scandanavia’s neoliberal parties came to love the welfare state.
8) Foreign Affairs on US evangelicals and foreign policy.
9) Are evangelicals broadening their moral agenda – moving from their twin concerns of abortion and homosexuality to include international issues like poverty, the environment and war?