1) Newsweek on famine insurance.
2) Globalization and Child Labor: The Cause Can Also be a Cure
3) John Lanchester reviews 5 books and reports on climate change in the London Review of Books.
4) Three obstacles to doing anything about climate change.
Politics & Economics:
6) Corporate social responsibility works, and progressives shouldn’t abandon it.
7) The American welfare state is bigger than you think, and more unfair than you’d want.
8) Jars of Clay has little praise for Christian rock norms or Bush.
9) Pentecostal Church lures Latin Americans away from Catholicism – through modern marketing, prosperity and exorcisms.
10) The Seinfeld principle for advertising.