1) Jeffrey Sachs on how aid can result in rapid victories against extreme poverty.
2) Niall Ferguson says colonialism didn’t cause Africa’s problems, and aid alone won’t fix them.
3) Nancy Birdsall, founding president of the Center for Global Development, on why globalization doesn’t lift all boats.
4) Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee on moving towards a new development economics.
5) Amartya Sen and his model for Third World growth.
Politics & Economics:
6) Muslims and multiculturalism: lessons from Canada.
7) Canada, the friendly stranger.
8) The Vatican warns of an Antichrist who is “pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist“.
9) The Christian Conservative agenda and a healthy pluralism of concerns within the body of Christ.
10) A philosopher, and economist and the leader of the Communist Party USA on “Can you be too rich?“