1) The New Yorker on Paul Wolfowitz at the World Bank.
2) Critics put trendy poverty lenders (microcredit) to the test, and find they’re neither a real business nor a real help.
3) Aid donors have shown microfinance can work. They should now leave their successes behind.
4) Selling Walmart to liberals.
5) Time magazine’s Global Warming Survival Guide.
Politics & Economics:
7) Tim Harford on the Achievement Gap.
8) Why economists can’t see the economy.
9) Bono: Rock star as theologian.
10) Genocide Conundrum: People Sympathize With Individuals in Trouble More Than Large Groups.