1) Peter Bauer: Blazing the Trail of Development.
2) Winners of the Development Marketplace 2007.
3) A review of Giles Bolton’s Poor Story: An Insider Uncovers How Globalization and Good Intentions Have Failed the World’s Poor.
4) A bit belated, but here’s Daniel Altman’s Managing Globalization blog’s Q & A with Jeffrey Sachs. Also check out the blog’s latest Q & A entry with Zhang Rongde, a chinese migrant worker with a “ground-level view of globalization and the side effects of China’s rapid economic growth.”
5) Diverse groups of globalization critics need to work together if they want to achieve long-term goals.
Politics & Economics:
6) Washington diary: Land of ideas.
7) The deepening of Venezuela’s Bolivarian revolution: why most people don’t get it.
8) Shane Claiborne: Finding the Simple Way.
9) Christianity Today: Evangelical social reform is a many-splendored thing.
10) Is stripping a feminist act?