1) International Development and Bono have again once hit the headlines. The recent TED conference was all on Africa – where some saw another side of Bono. The influential presence of Bono was felt at the recent G8 Summit. And there’s been lots of negative response to Vanity Fair’s Africa issue which was guest-edited by Bono – e.g. here, here and here, though there’s a more positive take of the whole thing here.
2) “It’s the politicians, stupid – political reform, not aid or trade, is the key to Africa’s development!” The debate here.
3) A review of Erik S. Reinert’s How Rich Countries Got Rich and Why Poor Countries Stay Poor.
4) The Economist: The truth about recycling.
5) Peter Singer on A Fair Deal on Climate Change.
Politics & Economics:
6) About Barack Obama’s defining speech at the 2004 Democratic National Conference.
7) Is Europe’s economy making a comeback?
8) Beliefnet‘s Most Inspiring Person of 2006 is The Amish of Nickel Mines.
9) BreakPoint: Orthopraxy over Orthodoxy.
10) Psychology Today: What Makes an Activist?